It was with great joy that we received this week a letter from Cardinal John Dew giving his consent and blessing to the St Patrick’s Wainuiomata Strengthening Project. We have the Hutt City Council Resource Consent and now the Cardinal’s Blessing. IT’S ALL GOOD!!
On Sunday 24th July 2016 at 2:00pm the Church Building Committee will host another meeting of the St Patrick’s Community (a sequel to the meeting held on 07 June 2015).
This meeting is to let you all know:
- A time frame for the Building Project (Stage 1).The last Sunday Mass before the church closes will be 07 August (9:00am). Through the kindness of The Holy Trinity Anglican Church in The Strand we will be able to hold our weekend Masses in their church. We are most grateful to them.
- You will learn how the planned project will be done and what you can expect to see.
- You will learn what the cost of the work will be and how it will be funded.
- You will be able to give your ideas as to what you would like to see by placing them in a box on the table in the church. Although we cannot guarantee to include your ideas in the modernising plans. We need to be mindful of the importance of ensuring and respecting the sacredness when planning the interior of our Church. A Liturgical part of any Catholic Church. We need your suggestions as quickly as possible before our planned meeting (24/07/2016).
- We need to plan how we are to clear the church building before the work commences. The contents of the church will be taken to the Church Hall at Rata Street for storage.
- We need many hands to do this work – please volunteer – Please don’t think someone else will do it.
The strengthening work is expected to be completed before Christmas. It will be a very challenging time for all. Your continuing prayers for the work of the project are essential.
Please be aware the meeting will be for Stage 1 – Strengthening and Improvements to the Church.
Stage II –The Community Hall will come after the strengthening work has been completed. We need to apply for Grants to assist with funding of this hall (with your help and contributions). The Church Fundraising committee are working well to raise the necessary funds. Your continued financial help is essential to the Stage II project.
Please mark your calendar and come along on Sunday 24th July 2016
We need your support.